- Published: 17 January 2017 17 January 2017
- Hits: 1023 1023
2017 is bringing us exciting opportunities to staff Day Camps. We are currently looking for 14-15 year olds to volunteer as Den Guides, 16-17 year olds to work as paid Camp Staff teaching program areas, and 18+ year olds to work as either paid Camp Staff at Von Oven or paid Specialists who work not only at Von Oven, but also to other camps throughout the Council. Please fill out the Attached Day Camp Application and turn it in to me or to the Naperville or St. Charles Scout Shops and we will contact you for an interview soon. Forward to your friends and invite them to come and have fun with us this summer!
Top 10 things to expect from serving on Day Camp Staff:
1. NO PARENTS REQUIRED THIS YEAR. Sure, we'll still have parents, but it will be only parents who WANT to be at camp! Which means fewer grumpy parents and more happy parents!
2. Free Staff T-shirt
3. Luau Campfire Fridays where we feed you!
4. New friends of all ages
5. It's like outdoor recess every day, but as your JOB
6. Inside jokes and memes galore
7. Hard, excruciating work for little to no pay
8. Letters of recommendation and cool stuff to put on college or job applications
9. Barrel Dranks*
*Barrel Dranks sold separately
10. An unforgettable summer!
Sure, Camp is hard work. But it truly is a lot of fun and full of laughs. Please invite your friends, spread the word, and let me know if you are available for this summer. Even if you're not available, please keep in touch and come and visit us at camp this summer!
Karen Ball - Three Fires Council Camp Operations Director - 630-901-2223
Bobby Bachar - Three Fires Council Camp Program Director - 630-873-9873